Well grounded brekkie on Carlisle!





Sunday. Breakfast. Newspapers. Coffee.

Recipe for success!

Over Xmas / New Year all my favourite brekkie spots closed down for holidays. This was met with quite a bit of sadness on my behalf.


Until I found Grindhouse.

A tidy little cafe-cum-bar on Carlisle St in St Kilda East. The funky exterior caught my eye; the barista working his coffee machine like a pro drew me in. Walking into Grindhouse you're met by a modern bar with tall tables for two, before being lead through to relaxed, stylish booth style tables.

What's good about this spot is it's not overly cramped like most of its better known neighbours (Las Chicas, looking your way!). I wasn't too crowded to comfortably whip out my MAC and spend a morning brewing over my coffee, eggs and news. Staff are friendly and attentive - but not too pushy.

Great tunes playing on the old vinyl record player too!


Coffee: 4/5
Scrambled eggs: 7/10

I'll be back for more! (Excuse the poor photos - not the best on the iphone!)

Leave a Reply